As a mid-sized regional firm, Mann, Urrutia, Nelson CPAs offers unique opportunities for individuals to become qualified CPAs and highly skilled business advisors. We are large enough to offer the experience resources and expertise needed in today’s complex business world, yet still small enough to offer our clients the personal attention they deserve.
Our firm offers a variety of career opportunities in entry level and experienced positions for CPAs and non-CPAs, as well as client service and administrative support professionals. Experienced professionals with public accounting, industry or consulting backgrounds may find career opportunities in the audit, tax and business valuation departments in our respective offices
Additionally, internships are available for undergraduate juniors and seniors majoring in accounting with at least a 3.0 grade point average or better who, at a minimum, have completed intermediate accounting classes and an introductory tax class. Potential interns are expected to be pursuing or have graduated with either an Accounting or Business degree and have a desire to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Roseville is currently seeking qualified candidates for Staff Accountant. Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare individual & business tax returns
- Prepare detailed financial statements, primarily for corporations.
- Record transactions in journals, classify postings, total, and cross-total entries for a period.
- Post journals to ledgers and balance.
- Reconcile bank accounts and trace discrepancies.
- Schedule changes in property and equipment, and calculate depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare payroll tax returns and filings.
- Perform interim (monthly or quarterly) compilations, substantiating workpapers in a provided format sufficiently detailed for a reviewer to evaluate.
- Balance work with budget, minimizing write-offs and maximizing quality.
- Work according to the guidelines established by the GAAP, IRS, and Quality Control program as applicable.
The Staff Accountant is guided by the Senior Staff Accountants on all core accounting functions, and is briefed in advance of assignments and time allotments. The work of the Staff Accountant is the foundation on which the work of others is based. Spends majority of time on detailed financial statements, and performs payroll reporting.
0 – 3 years Knowledge of accounting required, with progressive experience. 4 year Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Knowledge of Quicken/QuickBooks preferred. Familiarity with Financial Reporting Software. Knowledge with Microsoft Office Applications.
Please email resume to Amy Lehmkuhl: firstname.lastname@example.org